Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Pre- Departure


I begin this blog with a very full heart. Full of emotion that I only hope words will be powerful enough to convey.

After many months of preparation, our Nazareth College and Hobart William Smith Colleges departure is a little over 24 hours away. Tomorrow, we will leave from Nazareth College and get onto a bus (which we can only HOPE shows up) at 2pm. We will drive to Toronto with our team of phenomenal students as we embark on a trip of a lifetime.

It is my goal to blog throughout our trip to share with you some photographs, some thoughts, and I am sure, a lot of emotion.

Prior to leaving, however, I want to thank Nazareth College for your incredible support of this journey. We, the Nazareth College MRH 2008 team, commit to sharing with you upon our return. We hope to take what we have learned, heard, and witnessed and provide you with our interpretation of this part of history which is also, in some respects, still our present. We commit to trying to make a difference in our world which still struggles (and hopefully always will) with the atrocities of the past and which will, hopefully soon, stop standing by while other genocides continue.

So many of you who I know are reading this have been a remarkable support to me over the past months in which I have been preparing for this journey. To you I say 'thank you'--to my unbelievable supportive colleagues, to my friends and to my family-- Your understanding, your support, your enthusiasm, and your belief in me have helped me get to this point and will help me as we travel through the annals of history.

Click on the cartoon on the right to see it larger....

1 comment:

Rob Way said...

Hi Jennie,
It was nice to meet you today at the send-off ceremony. I can't imagine what experiences await you and the 2008 MRH team. I applaud all of you on your courage and wish you the best!

-Rob Way