Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Toronto Arrival

We are here in Toronto after a remarkable day with our team....
Susan and Daan led us in a beautiful send off outside of Golisano and the team departed on the bus (yes it did show up!!)... Thank you so much to all of you who came to send us off...On the bus, we all could use some down time after an emotionally full morning, so our programming really began when we arrived at the hotel...
We had dinner which was supposed to feed 50 and instead looked like it might feed 10.... so, we had the caterers make us some more--
After finishing dinner we began some serious community and team building and then Michael Dobkowski lead us in a tremendously powerful conversation about America and its role during the Holocaust.
I have lots more to write but it is late and Lynne and I must go prepare for tomorrow... I probably won't blog again until we get to Germany-- so it will likely be a few days... Until then.... Jennie

1 comment:

Susan D. said...

Hi Jennie!
My name is Susan (I'm Nicole Drozd's sister). I just wanted to tell you how happy I am that all of you are doing this. I believe this trip to be something, so important, that you (and those you touch) will be feeling the effects of it years and years after the trip is over. Thank you for keeping a blog and allowing all of us to "journey" with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you all! Way to be wonderful human beings. (Hugs to Nicole)